Saturday, October 29, 2011

Baseball season is officially over

Last night, the 2011 baseball season officially came to an end.
While none of my "preferred" teams was in the final face-off (and certainly my beloved boys -- the Toronto Blue Jays -- were never in contention to make post-season), I was happy to back the St. Louis Cardinals in this latest race.  The Cards were, after all, my very first baseball team love, way back in 1963/64 when I first became a fan.
It was kind of fun to back the Cards again in 2011.  It was even more enjoyable to wake up this morning and hear that they took the series.
Congratulations, Cardinals, on a fight very well fought.  Bet you didn't know that you were doomed from the minute I declared my support for you?  Good thing I didn't watch the games, or you'd probably have been eliminated in four!  I resisted watching because I didn't want to jinx you.
That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
Now that baseball season is over, I'll cancel the HD Sports package on our satellite service -- save a few bucks for the winter months.

No comments: