Friday, March 30, 2012

Where to start?

Perhaps the better question might be, "Where does it end?"
Just a few days ago I posted about the importance of knowing one's family health history.
I mentioned a cousin of mine who had recently been diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's.
If that wasn't enough for that branch of my family to deal with, earlier this week the youngest of their siblings died suddenly after suffering a massive cerebral bleed at her brain stem.
Initially, when I saw another e-mail arriving from my cousin this morning, I just assumed she was updating me on her sister's condition.  It took my breath away when I read her message telling me that her youngest sister had been taken so suddenly.
When things like this happen, I'm always left to wonder what God's plan really is for some people.
This family has had enough to deal with.
Not quite five years ago, this trio of sisters lost their mother very suddenly.
Since then, they've lost two aunts (not related to me); one to cancer, the other very suddenly.
Two months ago they learned of the middle sister's "death sentence" diagnosis.
And before they have time to digest that diagnosis, the youngest of their tight circle is taken.  She was the mother of one, grandmother of three.
I just don't get it.
Rest in peace, Judy
 1957 - 2012

No comments: