Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy Canada Day!

It's July 1st so my favourite boy came for a visit! We have decided to call it a tradition -- I think this will make it the fourth time in his eight years that he has come here on Canada Day, so that sounds like fairly close to majority to me! It must be tradition by now.
In previous years, he has slept over on Canada Day but he decided this was not to be a sleep-over visit. It was fun seeing him though.
We had burgers - and potato salad - and cole slaw - and ice cream - and he did his usual spinning on my office chair.
He brought his computer and we called each other on Skype -- that was fun. He hadn't known about that before so we had fun playing with that. Now when he goes home, we are going to phone each other on the computer!
Grandpa slept -- and Dad slept -- and Mom rested her eyes -- and big Sis talked on the phone -- and Grandma just bugged him.
Now for some reason, I just up and decided that his name was Jason. Don't know why. Just decided to call him Jason today. We had a few good laughs over that one. I have no idea where it came from. Eventually, he simply said, "Stop calling me Jason ..." I decided the easy solution is to simply change his name ...
They've gone home now ... and we've cleaned up ... the house is back to normal ... John is already sleeping.
I'm tired too. I think I'll hit the sack. It's been a long day. But on a good note? My new pain meds obviously work because I HAVE NO PAIN!

No comments: