Monday, July 20, 2009

These new meds are FANTABULOUS!

Well, this is it. I have to declare these new meds an absolute, unqualified, success.
Without a doubt.
And I couldn't be more pleased.
This morning, I had to go into Ottawa for physio. So, I took my extra 1mg of the pain med. It works.
Following physio, I met my daughter for lunch, after which we went to Walmart (always good for a great deal of walking). Then we went and picked up my favourite boy at his day care and that involved a whole bunch of unexpected walking as we roamed about the place trying to locate the children (we arrived earlier than normal pick-up time). On the way home, I had to stop at the grocery store -- more walking.
By the time I arrived home, I had been gone a full seven hours!
I'm tired but I have no pain! And that is huge. That is phenomenal.
An interesting by-product of this stuff is the calming effect it has had on me. I noticed during my drive into the big city that I no longer get upset when someone moves into "my space" or cuts me off or just generally drives like a jerk. Stuff like that used to send me right 'round the bend but just doesn't get a rise out of me any more. I just sit back grooving to Rod the Bod, knowing that I will get where I'm going, eventually. I am decidedly more relaxed than I have ever been.
"They call me mellow yellow ..."

No comments: