Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Alright, already, I'll update ...

Sorry for the absenteeism. But I can explain. You see, John thinks I work for him. He thinks I am his own personal computer guru. And as fast as I solve one computer-related problem, he finds another.
Unbeknownst to me, John was sitting not-so-idly by as I explored the wonders of blogging and worked out the kinks that would surely be present for fussy people like us.
Now that I am somewhat rolling on this venture, he has decided to launch his blog promoting his stock photography business.
Naturally, he needed me to show him how to get started, which I did several days ago (I don't recall exactly when).
Then he needed me to show him the many idiosyncrasies of blogging (you can be sure I haven't discovered ALL of them yet).
Then I left him to his own devices to build his own blog.
And he was off to the races. He built his own blog.
Well, a little learning is a dangerous thing, as the saying goes.
John built his blog and did things he didn't know he shouldn't have done -- and frankly I think it works better than what this blog hosting site intended. So of course, I had to re-examine the site!
That caused me to spend a lot of time examining various aspects of what's available and apprising myself of some new features. I hope you like the slide show that I've added. I plan to rotate through a few different themes on an as-yet-to-be-determined schedule (any suggestions of frequency?) This week: "My Beautiful Boy" -- favourite photos of my grandson.
Anyway, John has waffled back-and-forth on the template and colour scheme for his blog site but I think he is getting close to settling on something quite nice. Hopefully, I'll figure out the code to get it to correctly do what he wants it to do.
Not to worry though, he has already identified the next computer project that I need to turn my attention to ... and it's a particularly pressing priority too!

No comments: