Monday, July 27, 2009

OK the Black Cloud is Grey ...

VIA Rail came through.
I sent my complaint e-mail this morning.
By the time I arrived home this afternoon I had a very short response telling me that my booking had been cancelled and the fare had been refunded in full.
That action, of course, allowed me to rebook our trip to Toronto for the Blue Jays Back2Back Reunion weekend at the reduced fare -- taking advantage of the discount being offered to travelers in recognition of all that inconvenience that the two-day strike caused us.
Yeh that's it -- I was highly inconvenienced by that strike and I should be discounted for my trip. Right!
Anyway, thanks VIA Rail, for showing once again that the squeaking wheel indeed gets the grease (or -- you can't get if you don't ask, or whatever other cliche you want to fit in here)!

No comments: