Friday, July 24, 2009

I Blew it Again !

Another rocky night in the Fowler household, at least for me.
I had difficulty getting to sleep last night.
I had difficulty staying asleep last night.
I finally got out of bed at 2:00am; did some e-mail; watched some canned TV (God I love that DVR!).
I went back to bed at 5:30am thinking I was once again sleepy enough.
I woke again at 6:30am when I heard John rustling about.
That was it.
I had to get up cuz we're having dinner guests this afternoon and I wanted to make dessert :)
I reached for my morning meds and -- Oh, look -- I never took my meds last night! No wonder I wasn't able to sleep.
This is unbelievable! Do you know what the routine is in this household? John retires early to read the newspaper (I have to stay up to find out what's happening in smut land -- Issues with Jane Velez-Mitchell and Nancy Grace). At some point during these programs, I go and give John his meds (we call it our "Florence Nightingale" routine). And then I take my meds. EVERY NIGHT! I can only guess that last night, after giving John his meds, I must have been sidetracked -- most likely I had to pee really badly (or some late breaking news was being delivered on TV which called me away) -- and I forgot that I hadn't taken my pills.
The really strange thing is, along about midnight, I got up and took a codeine pill because my legs were so sore and it never occurred to me that perhaps I hadn't taken my meds.
I have tried to go back to bed twice -- with no luck. I just can't get that missing sleep. I guess I'll have to wait 'til tonight. But I'm guessing I'll have no problem then. I just hope I wait until after our guests leave before I do that!

No comments: