Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Wow - I Did it!

Well, I finally did it -- I SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT!
That might sound like a very minor thing to some people but for me it is huge! I went to bed at 9:00pm last night and read for perhaps a nanosecond. I don't actually recall putting the book down and turning out the light. But I must have because when I woke at 5:30am the light was off and the book was where I would have put it. I hadn't even wakened to go pee once!
To what do I attribute this new found phenomenon? The new meds must have a cumulative effect and are finally kicking in to their full benefit. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. At least we'll see if I continue to have sleep-through-the-night events.
Today is one of my go-into-Ottawa days so I have taken the extra 1mg of pain med. Hopefully, it will sustain me through the day because what a day it's going to be. I can't tell you now what we're up to but John has to come with me and after my physiotherapy appointment, we have to hang around in the city because a very special event is happening later today.
By the time we get home tonight, I'm sure I'll be too tired to post, so I'll tell you all about it tomorrow ...

No comments: