Monday, January 23, 2012

Damn this cursed fibro!

Only seven more sleeps and my body picks now to go into a fibro flare-up?
As of yesterday, I'm not allowed to take Vitamin E, Omega 3, Centrum Select (it contains Vitamin E) and Glucosamine.  They all have blood thinning properties so have to be stopped one week before surgery.
Only one day off the Glucosamine and by mid-day my hands were giving me fits.  Back to the arthritis gloves for me!
But the real kicker was the unexplainable fatigue I experienced yesterday.  Took me three go-rounds to get through one of my canned TV programs -- I kept falling asleep.  In the middle of the day!
By the time John got home from the gun club (carrying a dozen yellow roses, I might add), I was all out groggy and just couldn't get my act together.
And I felt like I'd been put through the wringer.  Besides the unbelievable fatigue, every muscle in my body ached big time.  It was a supreme effort to put one foot in front of another.
Then it dawned on me.
I remember now.
This is fibro!
But I don't have time to deal with a flare-up now.  
I'm in the home stretch before my surgery and I need to be in top form for that.  Not in the depleted state I'll be in coming out of a flare-up.
Gosh, life is so unfair sometimes.

No comments: