Monday, March 21, 2011

Still Walking ...

I've had a rough few days.
My massage therapist came to my home on Saturday morning (now that's a treat!).   Kind of nice not to have to get dressed (really, why get dressed just to get undressed?).  She was delighted to see my sanctuary, after hearing so much about it while it was in construction.  And she couldn't believe its size (I guess she had imagined a much smaller room).
Now, the downside to having massage at my home is that this session occurred at 10:00am, after which I went to sleep, and dozed away the afternoon.  Kind of a wasted day, I think.
Anyway, my massage therapist is always very cognizant of the sensitivity in my hip area so she approaches with caution, while still working slowly toward releasing those tight muscles.
I guess her gentle ministrations weren't quite gentle enough this time because it would seem she went a little too deep; I've been in absolute agony since Saturday.
My gluteus muscles are screaming at me -- primarily the maximus but the others are in on the act too, I think.
They must be, because the pain is unbelievable.
When I sit.
When I lie.
When I stand.
Simply doesn't matter.
They are announcing their displeasure.
And trying to sleep the past two nights has been almost impossible.  Didn't matter what position I chose, the pain was excruciating and emanated down my thighs. Even lying on my back didn't work.
John commented this morning about how rough a night I had had last night.  That was an understatement!
This morning, the pain has subsided ever so slightly.
So, in the interest of conditioning those damned muscles, I continued with my walking program.
Did ten minutes again.
Better than nothing, I say.
daily deals

No comments: