Sunday, March 20, 2011

Huge, bright full moon

Wow, the moon is so bright it's almost like daylight out there.
At 2:00am.
You can't tell from this photo that it's so light out, but it is.
The countryside is lit up tremendously, with the moon's glow bouncing off the remaining snow (yes folks, there's still snow in these hills).
I woke for one of my usual pee stops, and thought it must be much later in the morning since it's so bright out.
Then I remembered the full moon that was happening tonight; the special full moon that was last seen in 1992 and won't happen again for another 20 years.
John is still sleeping so I couldn't commission him to grab a photo of it.
That left me to my own devices.
So I got a shot of a bright moon against a black background, rather than the moon that I can see through the trees.
Sometimes, you just gotta take what you can get.
daily deals

No comments: