Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Long nights, short days

Do you know that nights last really really really long when you wake every two hours?
Well, they do.
Of course, it doesn't help when one goes to bed as early as I do but that's not the point.
I retire early because I'm fatigued (hence, "short days.")
Can't keep my eyes open a minute longer.
And I sleep the sleep of the dead when I do go to sleep.
I just wake every two hours so that I can change position.
Sometimes, when I wake, the pain permeating my body is absolutely excruciating.
Other times, it's just annoying.
But suffice to say, when finally that clock shows any hour after 5:00am, I deem it an OK hour to rise for the day.
So here I sit, trying not to make too much noise because I don't want to wake John.
I can find plenty to do in the interim.
The coffee has been made and had we not changed the clocks on the weekend, it would be light enough out for me to go for the newspapers.  But I'll have to wait a bit to do that today.
Today is physio day and I have nothing else planned around it, so I'll be making the round trip to the big city for that purpose alone.  Not very good planning, methinks.
daily deals

1 comment:

Christine said...

Maybe not great planning but perhaps easier on your body. I'm recovering today from yoga and hiking in the same day. Groan.