Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Much better today

I'm feeling much better today.
My gluteal muscles seem to be recovered.
Last night, as I went to bed, I thought they were OK but quickly found out they weren't quite.  So, I popped a codeine tablet (first time in a very long time that I've had to resort to such a measure).
As I lay there, waiting for the codeine to do its thing, I found myself wondering if I'll ever truly see an end to this pain.  I mean, really, it's bursitis; it's fibro; it's osteoarthritis; and this time the pain of those overtreated gluteals -- something I've never experienced before -- was unreal!
Eventually, I drifted off and I actually slept four hours straight.
And I've been awake ever since.
The days are long when they start at 3:00am!
On the upside, my gluteal muscles are not sore.
Consequently, I've been going gangbusters today, taking care of things around here that have fallen by the wayside over the past while.
Yes, I know, I'm not supposed to overdo it.
But really, if the only time I can do stuff is when I have a good day, how can I not overdo it?  Those are the only days on which I can do anything.  And stuff needs to get done.
What a conundrum!

No comments: