Saturday, March 12, 2011

Oh that hilarious horrorscope!

You gotta love those horrorscopes, don't you?  Today, mine reads:
"Someone older or more experienced than you might have some solid advice for you today.  It will certainly behoove you to listen.  After all, you don't have to reinvent the wheel.  Why not stand on the shoulders of those who have gone before you?  Why not benefit from their mistakes?"
I called John in to read it to him. Figured he'd be delighted to hear that -- finally -- I'm being advised to listen  to him (his being older than I, who else could the article be referencing?).
Well, my husband's momma didn't raise no dummy.
His immediate response:  "Can't be talking about me.  I haven't made any mistakes from which you could possibly benefit."
So there you have it.  I don't ever have to listen to my husband!  (Surely you didn't think my momma raised a dummy, did you?)

Later today, we're headed off to John's gun club to attend the annual pot luck awards dinner.  That's always an enjoyable evening, when the spouses have a chance to gab it up (OK, the shooters do too, but they do that every week), and everyone has good grub.
Tomorrow morning, we're having a three-pronged birthday brunch at a favourite Ottawa eatery.
We had three birthdays this past week:  a 51st on Tuesday; a 37th on Thursday; and a 15th yesterday.
We almost had the birthday party on Thursday but Tuesday's birthday boy wasn't available (he works evenings).
Then it almost came together on Friday but I didn't like the timing that we'd have had to book to accommodate the 15 year-old's family.  (Turns out we were iced in anyway, so just as well.)
And finally, everyone was available for Sunday brunch (Thursday's birthday boy has to report to work by 3:00pm).
It hurts my head trying to bring this gang together let me tell you.  A real exercise of the patience wheel because of varying work commitments.  Eventually, we usually figure out something but oh, the calls that go back and forth ...
Looks like we're finally able to get out of here so we should be able to attend both tonight's and tomorrow's commitments with little difficulty.
Happy weekend everyone.
daily deals

No comments: