Thursday, March 3, 2011

I slept 6.5 hours!

I did, I did!
I slept through the night last night.
Unbelieveable!
I turned off the light at 10:30pm (I know, I know -- that's very late for me!) and woke just before 5:00am.  That's six and a half hours straight folks!
Will miracles never cease?
How did I do it, you ask?
I have no idea.  Other than I was dog tired, having just put in two very long, pain-filled days. And I've been trying to train myself to sleep on my back lately because that's what I'm going to have to do following the hip replacement surgery.  (I won't be able to sleep on the surgery side, and I can't stay on the other side any length of time, soooooo the back is all that's left.)
When I woke this morning, I was on my back.  So I guess when I couldn't tolerate my left side any longer (that's my "go to sleep" position), I unconsciously switched to my back, which I can apparently do without waking.  Consequently, I woke feeling quite refreshed this morning.
My left hip is still giving me fits, not liking any movement or impact.  I've let up on the prehab exercises to see if the pain will subside because I suspect that those stretches were/are contributing to my current pain level (ain't that always the way?)
In any event, today is massage day and that doesn't involve a drive into the big city so I don't have to cancel.
And of course, since I'm having a massage today, we know that I'll sleep well tonight. 
Two consecutive nights of good sleep -- woo hoo, watch out world!

2 comments:

Christine said...

Good luck tonight. Sleep is sooo wonderful especially if you don't normally get much.

C. Bonnie Fowler said...

Thanks Christine -- judging by how tired I am tonight, I sure hope I sleep well again.