Sunday, July 11, 2010

Very Slow Day Today

Had a rough night again last night.
Woke with an asthma attack again and it took me a while to get settled afterward.
Then I woke promptly two hours later.
Just because that's what I'm doing again.
So when I next woke at 3:30am, I stayed up.
Making for yet another very long day today.
To add insult to injury, by late afternoon yesterday, I wasn't able to walk three feet across the living room; my calf pain was intense, and my hips were burning just like they used to before that steroid injection.
I was really dragging bottom!
And I wasn't a whole lot better this morning.
When John got up, I was heading out for my walk but he convinced me to take a day off. Obviously I had pushed myself too hard yesterday, given the degree of discomfort I experienced last evening.
My physiotherapist had said that I would know when to back off because the pain would set in, so I guess she knows whatof she speaks.
So, I didn't go for what should have been my twenty-minute walk today, opting instead to just rest for the day.
Which, on reflection, was the wise thing to do.
I've not done much of anything today, just lolling about the house being tired (gosh I wish I could nap like some people I know!).
And my legs and hips are feeling much better for having done so.
Therefore, tomorrow I will resume my walking program, but I will slow my pace a tad, and will only go out for sixteen minutes since I didn't experience any increase in pain at that duration.
I'll see what my physiotherapist has to say on Tuesday when I explain to her what happened and will follow her advice as to how I proceed based on what we know now.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Bonnie, I'm new to your blog and would just like to say how much I enjoyed reading it.
I've had Fibro for a while now - I also have OA, RA, MCTD with Lupus, Sjorgens, Reynauds .... I have an excellent Rheumy who is very highly thought of and just over a month ago was also dx with RSD/CRPS. Your description of the burning pain in your hips and calves sounds very similar to my RSD pain. Has this ever been considered in your case? Apparently it is frequently overlooked as many doctors are not even aware of it.

Sue xx

C. Bonnie Fowler said...

Sue - thank you for your comment. I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying reading my blog.
As to RSD/CRPS, I will broach the topic with my doctor at my next visit (he's gonna love that one ...)