Sunday, May 2, 2010

Damn those Mack trucks anyway!

I really wish those trucks would stay away from me.
You see, when my fibro flares up, it feels like Mack trucks have run over me.
And it isn't fun.
Apparently, having had that massage on Wednesday really got things flared up big time.
Because ever since then, my body thinks that it has been hit by several dozen Mack trucks.
And I simply can't seem to get ahead of the curve on this one.
Of course, I didn't help matters much.
On Friday, I insisted on going into Carleton Place to run some errands.
It's not like those errands couldn't have waited either; but I just had to go.
So John convinced me that he would take me, rather than my going on my own.
Turns out that was a good call too, I guess.
Because I'd be much worse than I am had I done the driving.
I indulged myself and took a sleeping aid Friday night, hoping that it would help ensure a good night's sleep.
Yeh, like that was a pipedream!  Those Mack trucks were everywhere, all night long.
Anyway, by Saturday morning, it was abundantly clear that I had done way too much walking the day before.  My legs were not co-operating with my brain or my body; every step caused excruciating pain.
And the effects of the sleeping aid simply left me feeling groggy and blah.
Consequently, I didn't get much done on Saturday.
In fact, it was all I could do to prevent the "meltdown" that I could feel welling up inside me.  Those meltdowns are still a threat when I get too far behind in the energy/pain department, and yesterday definitely fit the bill.
I managed to fall asleep mid-day for a brief while and that helped somewhat but I still needed to hit the sack super early last night, which is precisely what I did.
And this morning, I woke aware that those Mack trucks had again been having a good time all night.
So today, I will sit around and veg to try to give my body the time it needs to recuperate from this flare-up.
A soak in the jet-massage tub will go a long way towards that recovery, and then I'll curl up with my book and get lost in that.
Hopefully, by tomorrow things will be back down to their normal painful state, rather than this excruciating level.
And as for those Mack trucks?  There needs to be a law prohibiting them from all bedrooms everywhere.  Perhaps I'll start a campaign ...

1 comment:

Cinda Crawford said...

Bonnie, I know what you mean! That mack truck expression is one I used for years. I'm better now & don't have flareups anymore. Here's wishing you special healing to feel better, too.