Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Physio Day Today

It's physio day today.
That means the long drive to and from the big city.
And once again, I've been up since 4:15 am (got an extra hour today on account of I managed to stay awake beyond 8:00pm last night -- made it all the way to 9:00pm!!!!).
I've got a rather ambitious agenda ahead of me too.
Gotta go to physio -- where, if I'm lucky, I'll be able to catch a bit of shut-eye whilst I lie on that table with over 40 acupuncture needles doing their magic.  And I'll get new athletic taping applied, which I really need.
Then I have to drop in at a friend's place and explain her income tax assessment so she doesn't panic when she receives same in the mail this week (sure hope it hasn't already got there).
From there, I have to stop at our friendly computer shop to pay for and pick up John's new computer (don't worry, he's really paying for it -- I do all the bookkeeping for the household so I'll just charge it back to him!).  I'll bring the computer home but it won't be coming out of the box until the techie comes out here (we're hoping for Friday; if not -- Tuesday of next week) to rearrange John's very complicated set-up.  We made a deal with him when we put in the order that he would agree to spending a day out here to save me the aggravation and frustration that would ensue if I had to do it (I'm simply not up to the fight!).  Naturally, as long as we're prepared to pay for it (read:  John is prepared to pay for it), he will do whatever we ask.
Then I have to stop at my sister-in-law's workplace to pick up some fabulous new bracelets she made for my MedicAlert medallion.  I didn't want to order new from the catalogue, so I showed her what I wanted and commissioned her to attempt to duplicate them (which she has done in quick order).  I'm quite anxious to see the finished products.
Now, these stops mean that I will be driving in a very large circle today but all the stops are pretty much en route.
I should get home some time around 3:30 - 4:00 pm -- or almost twelve hours after I woke this morning.
John has been warned that I will be drop-dead tired by the time I arrive and will likely not be able to answer any questions he might have for me (beyond perhaps, "How are you?").
And I will not likely be capable of sitting up for a meal so he's not to count on me to even want dinner.  Essentially, he'll be on his own.
And that computer is not coming out of its box until computer guy walks in the door, on whichever day that is, be it Friday of this week or Tuesday of next week.  You hear me John?

No comments: