Tuesday, May 4, 2010

This has got to stop ...

This business of starting my day at 3:15am has just got to stop.
Yesterday, I was wide awake at 3:20am.
Today, 3:15am, but I refused to get out of bed until I couldn't bear it any longer.
That lasted until 4:00 am when I had had enough.
So I got up and started my day.
With any luck, I'll be able to go back for a bit of shut-eye as dawn is approaching.
Yesterday, I did just that -- went back at about 4:30 and managed to sleep until 6:00am.  Woo-hoo for me!
Still made for a very long, tiring day.
Of course, if I could stay awake past 8:00pm, I might be able to sleep past 3:00am.
Vicious cycle, I know.
But it's the cycle I'm in.
I'm still waking every two and a half hours too.  But I can go right back to sleep until that magic hour hits when there is no more sleeping and I just have to get up.
So here I am, blogging at 4:30 in the morning.
There was no blog yesterday because my laptop was giving me fits.
Every so often, it decides to lose its wireless connection.
No rhyme nor reason for it; it just loses the wireless connection.
Sometimes I can correct the problem; other times, I have no idea what it wants me to do.
But left to its own devices, eventually it corrects itself.
Which it has now done again.
My techies are working on it and perhaps they'll figure out the gremlins at play.
I could have gone downstairs and used my desktop computer but I was too busy with other stuff to be bothered so I just stayed away from blogging yesterday.
There are fewer Mack trucks visiting each night, so my body is slowly recovering from last week's massage but I'm still not up to snuff physically.
My massage therapist called yesterday and we cancelled each of my next two sessions so I won't be having any treatments during the month of May.
We scheduled sessions for the first three weeks in June and she dropped a bombshell on me:  she is "retiring" in the third week of June so the day I have my last massage is also her last day of providing massage therapy (she will continue critical care nursing at the hospital).
Now I have to find another massage therapist.
She has a few names to recommend, which I will get from her when next I see her, but it won't be the same.  We've built up such a wonderful rapport over the years; I'll miss those giggle sessions tremendously.

No comments: