Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tomorrow is Tummy Tuck consult day

Yes it is.
Tomorrow, after my physio appointment, I will stop in to see my sister-in-law again to pick up yet another version of the MedicAlert bracelets (we've been having our trials getting a proper fit -- think this will be the final one though).
Then it's off to consult with the tummy tuck surgeon.
I have no idea if he will even agree to do the procedure on me, once he hears all my "issues."
But, until I have the consult, I have no way of knowing if I'm a candidate.
So, I'll pay the money to find out if my 30+ year dream can be realized.
And we'll go from there as to whether or not I'll even go through with it.
I know that I absolutely want to have a flat tummy.
But I have some concerns vis-a-vis my personal response to anaesthetic and the fact that I'm fibromyalgic -- do I really want to deal with the fibro flare-up that will ensue?
I've had so much pain and difficulty for the past several months, I'm not sure I'm up to what will, without a doubt, result from the surgery.
However, without consulting with the surgeon, I have no idea what options might be available to me.
So, I'm going ahead with the consult.
Whether or not I proceed with the tummy tuck remains to be seen.
Tomorrow is also my beautiful boy's soccer night, so I'm going to stay in town to watch him play -- an unexpected overnight visit.
An impromptu overnight stay for no other reason than to watch my grandson play soccer!
And Thursday morning, before heading home, I'll have breakfast with my favourite sister (and best friend).
We haven't seen each other in a dog's age, so that will be a treat too (and I'll get to show off my new svelte body to her)!

1 comment:

Sue said...

Please think long and hard before causing your body the trauma of any type of surgery. It doesn't matter if it's from an accident or a surgery done by choice -- either way, it's a trauma to the body.

You have to consider the toxins and unhealthy chemicals in the anesthesia, the additional meds, and the after-effects of them.

The fibro body is super-sensitive and always keep that in mind. Pay attention to everything you consume and choose for your surroundings. Everything inside and outside of your body affects your health and your ability to find wellness.

Wishing you the best,

Sue Ingebretson