Monday, April 30, 2012

This cursed SI joint ...

I was up half the night again last night.
Even with taking a potent painkiller I couldn't sleep through.
I had used the TENs unit for several hours yesterday afternoon.
I had iced the area about four times yesterday, including on my way to bed.
It's just not enough.
Tomorrow, I'll see my pain management physiotherapist and we'll start acupuncture treatments.  Hopefully, that will help.  She'll also continue the ultrasound therapy that the hip rehab physiotherapist had started.  We already know that that helps.  Just not long enough.
I don't know what I'll do if we can't get this under control.
Having gone through the hip replacement surgery and all that is involved with that recovery, it's really quite disheartening to have to put up with this excruciating pain now.  Especially since it would appear to be a result of having had that surgery.
Sooooooooooooooooooooo depressing.

No comments: