Saturday, April 28, 2012

Another Milestone ...

Yet another milestone on my path to recovery was identified this morning.
I no longer need to use a step stool to get in and out of John's truck.
The truck is quite a bit higher off the ground than my vehicle (which in turn is higher off the ground than a car).  Prior to my having hip replacement surgery, I had a hell of a time getting into that damned truck.  But since the surgery, I've needed to use a step stool whenever we went anywhere with the truck.
This morning, we headed off and had the step stool with us.  I used it to get into the truck.  But when we stopped, I discovered that I didn't need the stool to get out of the truck.
When we returned to the truck for our ride home, I tested to see if I could also get into the truck without the stool.  Lo and behold -- a piece of cake.  Even easier than it used to be prior to having had the surgery.
So many milestones being met so quickly all of a sudden.
I'm gonna be a big girl in no time now!

No comments: