Sunday, February 19, 2012

It's been a tough couple of days

Where to begin?
My leg has been giving me old what-for since Thursday.
I don't know what's going on but it sure isn't happy.
And what confuses me is it's the lower part of my leg that's giving me grief.
How does one explain that?  I just had my hip replaced so why is my leg giving me fits below the knee?
Walking is difficult because pressure hurts on the lower part of my leg.
My hip is just fine.  No pain whatsoever in the hip or in the upper portion of my leg.
I just don't get it.
To add insult to injury, I received a call on Friday telling me that a very special lady had passed away the day before.  She went very suddenly, as it should be.  She had sounded so feisty when she called me in the hospital, pleased as punch with herself for so thoroughly surprising me with her call.  She will be missed, to be sure.
On a happier note, my nephew's wife gave birth to their second daughter on Friday.  Annabel Lyn weighed in at 9.3 lbs and she arrived without benefit of any drugs (now there's a trooper of a Mom!).  She is joining a wonderful circle of family and friends and won't be without the love and attention that every child deserves.
Today, my little chickadee, Pauple and my striking young man came to visit.  I've been on bed rest for the past several days so it was nice to see them -- I needed the diversion.
Tomorrow I have physiotherapy so I'm hoping the therapist will be able to shed some light on this matter of the pain I'm having.  Last week, both she and the doctor felt that the pain was due to fibro rearing its ugly head but I'm not so sure any more.
I don't know what to think about this pain.  I sure hope the therapist has some plausible explanations.

No comments: