Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

OK, so I love my husband in a romantic way suitable for Valentine's Day-like sentiments.
But nothing can compare to the love I have for the first person who came into my life and taught me what it really means to love and be loved unconditionally.
Perhaps the fact that I raised her on my own (and when I say that I raised her on my own, I mean I raised her on my own) helped develop a stronger bond between us than some mothers and daughters have, I don't know.  Not having an abundance of other mother/daughter relationships to which I can compare ours, I don't think I can fairly make a blanket statement about ours vs all others. 
But my little chickadee and of course now my striking young man are undoubtedly the two people in my life who can bring out my "Mama Bear" instinct still.
 My little Chickadee with her Mom, 1980

My Little Chickadee with her new Stepfather and her Mom, 1997


My Little Chickadee meets Her Son (My Striking Young Man), 2001

Who could resist this most beautiful of smiles???? 


My Little Chickadee with her Mom and Son, 2009

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY MY LOVES !!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

My mother and I were like that too. Mom raised the 3 of us by herself from the time I was about 6 or 7. We were super duper close and best of friends! Best friendship ever!

heather

me said...

Awwww, thanks mommy. Love you!