Monday, May 9, 2011

Progress, progress

Well, things are moving right along now.
John and I spent last evening plotting out our plan of attack vis a vis my hip situation.  He's been getting increasingly concerned about my inability to do anything lately and we've both been feeling quite helpless about the whole thing.
Of course, we can't ignore the role that fibromyalgia is playing in this scenario: the hip pain keeps me from sleeping at night so I am more fatigued during the day; the increased fatigue prevents me from doing a lot of things I might otherwise be doing during the day; the lack of activity increases the fibro pain.  As the fibro pain increases, my ability to do anything decreases.
The cycle goes on and on.
Anyway, we had it all worked out about how if I didn't have an appointment to see the surgeon before June 9th, I would have to cancel that steroid injection because I can't very well go to the surgeon during the pain free period -- he would assess me as not needing surgery!
So we decided that if no call came in the next couple days, he would call the surgeon's office to put some heat on (perhaps a plea from a concerned husband would do the trick?).
Well, none of our scheming was necessary.
The surgeon's office called this morning.
I have an appointment to see Dr. Paul Kim at 8:00am, Wednesday, May 18th.
Now, that's an early call for us to be in the big city, but I wasn't going to say no.
We'll have to be out of here well before 7:00am that day since we'll be hitting the morning rush and we have to go right through the city to get to the hospital where he will be seeing me.
But, maybe, just maybe, it will all be worth it.

No comments: