Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Just call me Rip Van Winkle

Seriously, this is getting ridiculous.
Just as I predicted, I'm paying the price for having pushed my limits last week.  (Sometimes, I really hate it when I'm right.)
On Sunday morning, I awoke thinking I was reasonably refreshed.  We hadn't been too late the evening before at the gun club dinner so I was in bed before 10:00pm, and it was approaching 7:00am before I got up the next morning.  (Yes, I had been awake at my usual intervals to change position.)
My feeling of being refreshed only lasted about two hours though.
I sat reading the newspaper and the need to sleep was overwhelming.
So, sleep I did.
My boys were playing ball at 1:00pm so I kind of woke up to turn the television on.  I could hear the game in the background but I didn't really watch the game.  I woke up to see the final inning (we lost).
I slept on and off all evening too.
Then I got up and went to bed.
Again, when I woke on Monday morning, I thought I was refreshed.
But I was wrong.  The energy only lasted about two hours and I just had to sleep again.
This time, I managed to read the newspaper but again when the game came on, I couldn't keep my eyes open.  So another game was played without me.  But this time, we won (beat dem dam Yanks!) and I did manage to wake up to see the important plays.
I spoke with my little chickadee briefly yesterday and when I was telling her how tired I was, she suggested that I might be fighting something.  She might be right, but it's more likely this stupid fibro rearing its ugly head again.
All because I pushed myself too hard last week:  Wednesday to the big city to see the surgeon; Thursday to take my good friend for her steroid injection; Friday to attend the fundraiser; and Saturday for dinner at the gun club.  I'm supposed to pace myself and that pace is too much.
Apparently, the only pace I can handle is "stop."
Anyway, after all that sleep, I woke this morning still feeling drained.
No energy whatsoever.
Nada.
Within a half hour of waking, as I sat reading the newspaper, the urge to go back to sleep was overwhelming.
Today, I was supposed to go into the big city for my physiotherapy session.
I've called and cancelled that appointment.
There is just no way I can endure the 45 minute drive there and back; I might fall asleep at the wheel!
I don't know how much longer this flare-up will last but it can end any time now because I've certainly had enough of it.

No comments: