Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Happy Mothers' Day

I know, I know.  It's not Mothers' Day yet.
But for the past many years MLC and I have celebrated the annual event on whichever day I'm in town closest to the actual day.  And this year, that would be today.
You see, I can live quite nicely without the crowds that are inevitable on these occasions.
Besides, my little chickadee and I have always felt that we don't truly need a particular day of the year for her to tell me (or show me) that she loves me and appreciates me.
Our relationship is such that I know how she feels about me, each and every day of the year.  Just as she knows how I feel about her, each and every day of the year.
Every day is special for us because that is how we live our lives.
So today, since I am going into the big city to "get beautiful," (read:  get my hair cut again), we will make this visit my Mothers' Day trip.  We'll let my beautiful boy decide where dinner will be, just because we usually let him choose the venue (our way of letting him know, every day, that he's special?).
And this visit will be an extra special treat because Pauple will actually join us (he's usually working so I don't normally see him when I'm there).
Tomorrow morning, of course, I'll take MBB for our traditional breakfast before dropping him off at his daycare.  Then I'll deliver his mother to work before making my way home, stopping off at the grocery store en route.
daily deals

No comments: