Sunday, October 31, 2010

Damn change of season ...

Snow on the ground this morning.
And I woke with seriously swollen hands.
Back to wearing my "arthritis gloves" to help alleviate the pain.
They do help with the swelling and they allow me to function (although with my thimble-sized bladder, they have to be removed way too often to suit me!).
I'm also wearing the TENs machine because the stiffness is at an all-time high these days, most likely from the change of weather too (I can always count on having a major fibro flare-up at this time of year).
I took yesterday to veg after my nearly three days away from home but it apparently wasn't enough because I'm still really drained.
So, today is another day for vegging and trying to get my energy up again.
I'll have another opportunity for R&R tomorrow because nothing will be happening on the construction front, but the next day will be a long one for me.
I have to be out of here early on Tuesday and I have to stay out for the day because the drywallers will be sanding my sanctuary.  The dust that will be created will be too much for my lungs so I've been banished for the day.  Fortunately, I have two appointments in the big city that day so it works out well all around; I'll just have to leave the house a little earlier than I had planned (of course, I've already thought of several things I can do with that time).
Once that sanding has been done, the room will sit and wait for the painter to appear on Monday, November 8th (after he has enjoyed a week of hunting, remember?).
I have faith that eventually, this project will be completed.

No comments: