Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I've got photos ...

Builder man finished renovating the doorway that used to be my pantry door.  It is now a 37" wide opening (to allow wheelchair access, should that be necessary one day) but he had to protect the rest of the house from the mess that was being created in my sanctuary by the drywaller men.
So a plastic door was put in place, and it is oh so attractive:
It's lovely, to be sure, but I don't think I'll keep it (frankly, I don't believe it will catch on!).
Meanwhile, the drywallers were busy making their mess, and what a mess they were making!  I kept going in to see how they were progressing but I had to leave after a short time in the room because my lungs were objecting very strenuously.  I can't imagine what that work is like for those men who are inhaling that dust all the time!
Anyway, they were gone by 3:00pm and will be back by 7:00am tomorrow.  The early start tomorrow was necessitated by the fact that John just has to go bird hunting tomorrow, so he'll be gone before dawn -- and I have appointments in the big city.  I have to leave by 10:15am so the drywallers also have to be out of here by then.  I'm OK with builder man being here when we're not home, but subcontractors?  Not so comfortable with that.
So here's my sanctuary now, with the drywall in place:
And here it is from the north wall, looking back to the existing house (can you see the plastic "door" at the far end?):
So there you have it.
That's my sanctuary, as it looks right now.
I have to leave home for a couple of days while John sands and varathanes the trim for my sanctuary.
That means when I leave here tomorrow morning, I won't be returning until Friday.  Hence, there won't likely be any further updates to this blog before Saturday (be warned).

No comments: