Thursday, October 7, 2010

View from my deck - Pt II

So builder man and his assistant showed up today after all.
John and I had gone out to run errands this morning and when we got back, the crew was hard at work.
By 12:30pm, when they came in for lunch (yes, we feed them -- that's how life in the country works), they had made good progress on the roof:
We discussed plans for how things will proceed from this point (timeline, closet doors, closet interior configurations, overall room painting, etc) and I paid the bill for the work to this point (ouch!).  Then the boys went back to work and when they finished for the day at 3:30pm, the tarp was again put in place, just in case.
I went out to take a peek at the view from a different vantage point and John thought he'd pose as either (a) the owner or (b) the builder of the site.  I'm not sure what his intent was, but I guess he is an owner, although the room will be "my" sanctuary.
In this photo, the deck can now be seen to the left of the new room.
Notwithstanding my little chickadee's dire predictions to the contrary, they expect to finish the roofing tomorrow to a point where they might possibly be able to cut through the pantry wall tomorrow too.  If that's true, things should start proceeding quite rapidly from hereon in, since the rest of the work won't be weather dependent.
And once they do break through that wall, my day-to-day living will be supremely upended because they will have to access the room by walking through my dining room and kitchen to get there.
Oh dear ... I who love disruption so much can now look forward to near a month of chaos and an impossible-to-keep-clean home.

No comments: