Monday, October 4, 2010

End of the Season

First, let me apologize for the shortage of postings here in the past few days.
You see, I came back from Toronto sick.
Yes, there must have been someone on the train on Monday with a cold (that's all it takes for me to pick it up!).
By the time I got home on Thursday, I was sounding "funny."  Just not quite right.  (Thank God it didn't hit while I was in Toronto!)
On Friday, my voice got progressively worse throughout the day and by that evening, it was abundantly clear that I was not well.
I took meds and went to bed.
Got up Saturday feeling just awful so I stayed down all day, feeling sorry for myself (it was really quite pathetic).
Took more meds on my way to bed Saturday night and got up Sunday feeling much improved, although I didn't sound very convincingly better.
My step-son and his wife came over in the afternoon with their grandsons and we had a terrific visit (they are quite the going concern) but it was draining.
Yesterday, my boys played their final game of the season.
And they won, finishing the season with a record of 85 wins and 77 losses.  Not bad for a team that wasn't expected to manage 60 wins.  And they gave us a very entertaining season indeed.
So my baseball season is over for another year.  It's time to hang up the jersey again and switch off the sports package until next Spring.
I'll do that as soon as the World Series is over, just in case the race gets interesting and we decide to watch one or two games.
You never know, perhaps the Phillies will make it into the final contest and I'll just have to watch Roy "Doc" Halladay make a run for that ring he so covets.  After all, that's why he left the Blue Jays.
Go Phillies, Go!

No comments: