Wednesday, October 6, 2010

View from my kitchen window

My builder man returned from his hunting trip on the week-end (a succesful one, I might add).
He called on Monday night to alert us that a delivery of lumber would be arriving the next morning.
So, in the interest of documenting this project as accurately as possible, I took a photo of the site as it was at 8:45am Tuesday:
Not much had changed since September 17th, except now the tarp was covered with leaves.
Sure enough, by 9:00am, a truck had arrived on the scene, ready to deliver a humongous amount of lumber:
It was fascinating to watch that sucker of a machine at work unloading the stuff (the driver, in the red shirt, was operating the crane with a wireless remote control that was strapped around his neck).
I had to go into the big city for my physiotherapy session so I left the boys to their own devices for the day.
And when I got home four hours later, this was the view I had from my kitchen window:
The view from my deck now looks like this:
Amazing isn't it?
We're hoping it doesn't rain today so they can put the roof on.  They expect to be cutting through the pantry wall next week (that's how we will access the room from the existing house).
Now, it's getting exciting!

No comments: