Saturday, October 23, 2010

View from my kitchen window

Yesterday was one very crazy day around here.
I had gone for a massage on Thursday and, as a result, I've been suffering terribly.  The ministrations on my hip really got the bursa riled up and it has been screaming at me ever since, leaving me unable to take even a few steps without excruciating pain.  Seems like I was popping Codeine like candy to try to get some relief (to no avail).  It's better this morning, after having been iced in the middle of the night, but I am desperately needing sleep.  That too will come, eventually.
Anyway, on the sanctuary front, things are progressing, finally.
Builder man and his assistant showed up here by 8:15am yesterday and got to work installing the siding.  By 9:15am, the task was well under way:
By 2:30pm, they had pretty well finished.  Here's what we see from the kitchen window now:
And from the deck, it looks like this:
You can see that it's coming right along.
Today, the insulation is being installed (contractor arrived at 9:00am this morning).  The building inspector will be here at 8:00am Monday to give his OK so drywall man can start doing his thing.
Builder man also hopes to install the floor next week. Fortunately, the room is just one big rectangle so there's no tricky corners or cutting involved; it should be a relatively straight-forward job (except for the closets and the pantry area).
Turns out that the painter is also a hunter (as is every contractor in this county, apparently). For the uninitiated, the first two weeks of November are "deer season" in this neck of the woods.
My builder man and the painter man both take the first week to hunt (neither one takes the second week -- thank the good Lord!) so nothing is going to happen with my sanctuary during that week.  (Read:  "Whatever doesn't get done next week won't get done before the week of November 8th.)
Painting is scheduled to commence on Monday, November 8th.  At that point, I move out for about three days because I can't be here while that is happening (damned allergies!).
Now I've got to find friends to help me fill my days while I'm stuck in the big city for those days -- most everyone I know still has to work during the day (poor suckers!).
Hey, MLC, ready my room for me please -- I'm going to need it on November 8th for at least three nights.  Looking forward to the extended bonding time with you and yours!

No comments: