Wednesday, August 1, 2012

It's August already!

Here we are, the first day of the best month in the year.
I've always loved the month of August.
It's the month in which I was born so of course that makes it very special.
It's also the month in which my little chickadee was born, so that doubles its specialness.  (Don't you just love how I make up my own words for purposes of this blog?  Sure hope people don't come here to look for justification of word usage!)
Anyway, suffice to say that I love the month of August.
This morning, I upped my bicycle time to 60 minutes -- that's one full hour of biking.
Tomorrow is the last day of using these cursed drops in my ears.  I broke down this morning and put my hearing aids on though.  Couldn't tolerate the silence any longer and I figure if the infection isn't cleared up by now, it isn't getting any better by tomorrow.  And frankly, the only way I can tell if there's improvement is by seeing if I can wear my hearing aids.  They seem to be OK so I'll assume that I'm healed.
Tomorrow I also have to go have x-rays of my hip in preparation for my appointment with the surgeon next week.  I'm also having x-rays done of both knees so I can discuss that situation with the surgeon when I see him.  I don't want to pursue surgery yet but I do want his opinion about my options.  What I want to do is be referred back to my rheumatologist for injections in my knees -- I've heard that the shots are a very effective alternative to surgery.
August already -- summer is almost over yet it's only just begun!

No comments: