Sunday, August 19, 2012

The new me

Some weeks ago, my step daughter-in-law and I were discussing her status as she travels her second journey of breast cancer treatment (she thought she had conquered it thirty years ago).
The idea of losing all her hair was distressing her and the loss had already started.
I promised her that when it happened, I would shave my head too.
Last week, she took the plunge and asked her daughter-in-law to shave off what little hair she had left.
Yesterday, I let her do the honours for me.
Think of the freedom.
My showers will be so much quicker now.
No more blow drying and curling my hair.
I truly have "wash and wear" hair ... for a while.
Think of the money I'll save on haircuts ... for a while.
And who knows, as regrowth happens, I might even find a style I really like!

No comments: