Wednesday, August 29, 2012

It's My Little Chickadee's Birthday

My daughter entered the world at 1:16pm on this date back in 1975, and what a terrific addition to this world she has proven to be.
She has grown into a marvelous young woman of whom I am extremely proud.
She is a terrific daughter and a truly fabulous mother. (And of course, her becoming a mother gave me a grandson -- another shining light of my life.)
But most of all, my daughter has become a wonderful friend.
We live about an hour's drive away from each other, so we spend great lengths of time on the telephone, laughing and carrying on about anything and everything.
We exchange e-mails fast and furiously; we used to play around on MSN but now we just pick up the telephone and communicate in the more comfortable way for us.
We will actually send an e-mail or leave a voice mail to let each other know if we won't be available for our nightly telephone chat!
If my offspring hasn't heard from me in -- oh, about a half day or so -- I'll receive an e-mail that starts with, "You don't call, you don't write ..." which just cracks me up!
Nobody can get me laughing the way my daughter can.
My daughter is the kind of person who anyone would be honoured to count among their friends.
I'm glad she's mine!
Happy Birthday, my little chickadee!
"Love you up to the sky and back again"


















"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
 You make me happy, when skies are grey ...
"

No comments: