Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Yet another update

So the neurologist called me into Ottawa for no particularly pressing reason.
He just missed me I guess!
Actually, he wanted to discuss the blood results he had received from the Colchester Hospital resulting from my seizure incident last October (he had requested the numbers because he needed to confirm for his own satisfaction that the seizure was of a "metabolic" cause -- it was!).
We had a  lovely discussion as he explained that he saw no reason to make any changes to my current treatment plan (good thing for him after what I've just come through).
He was quite interested in, and apologetic for, my Cesamet withdrawal story so we discussed my difficulty with pain management (he was shocked to learn that I've just lost a month of my life to this exercise) but he didn't seem at all surprised to learn that the TENs unit gives me as much relief as it does.
For obvious reasons, he chose not to conduct any examination of me because, as he said, "None of my findings today would be valid, under the circumstances."
He agreed that I should be cautious about any narcotic medication in the future.  I told him that my doctor has been trying to push the Fentanyl Pain Patch on me for several years but I've always argued against it.  He nodded in agreement when I told him that there is no way in hell the doctor will win that argument after this experience! 
Our next stop was at my friendly computer supply shop (gosh I love my boys) and you know how the tooth never hurts when you get to the dentist?
Well, the router ain't broke when it gets to the shop!
Yup, nothing wrong with the damned router.
They hooked it up and voila! Just like that, it goes on line, finds "Fowler" network and goes to town.
Enough to make your teeth rot!
We had a nice visit though.
Talked about Ann Coulter and her hate-mongering incite-to-riot antics (just for the fun of it -- Google her name and see what you get!) and a whole lot of other stuff.
John researched the next computer he's going to buy.
Without spending a penny, we left there with our old unbroken router and a new router (just in case our old one decided not to work when it got back home again).  Here's the deal:  if our router works, great; if it doesn't, we have one to replace it.  Either way, we'll be back on Monday next week (I have to go in for physio anyway) and we will either pay for the new router or give it back to them, unopened.  How's that for trust?  See why I love my boys so much?
Then we came home (with a grocery stop en route).
Exhausticated.
Got home, plugged in the old unbroken router, hooked it up, everything appeared to work as it should but it just wouldn't see the internet.
Picked up the phone, called my buddy, he talked me through release and renew, and voila! everything's right in Fowler wireless internet land again!  (We'll deliver the unopened router on Monday.)
It was a very long day for my first outing in two weeks.
But I am encouraged because I now know absolutely that I am recovered and I just need to continue resting until my strength is back to where it should be.

No comments: