Saturday, March 6, 2010

Sleepless in Mississippi Mills

This becomes sleepless night number three.
Things are going to get really ugly around here if I don't get some restful sleep soon.
Yesterday was bad enough.
I ended up having an emotional breakdown from nothing.
Well, OK, it wasn't from "nothing" but it was from nothing in the big scheme of things.
It's resolved now but I can assure you that I can't get off this Cesamet soon enough for all the wonky things that it would appear to be doing to me.
I tried to ask my doctor about certain phenomena I had been noticing but he said no, it couldn't be from the Cesamet.
The tears started as I told him that he had given me the wrong answer.
He immediately understood to what I was alluding.
On further research, it turns out that yes, it does impact on one's emotions.  Can cause a lot of other not-so-desireable side-effects too (depression, anxiety etc). 
Explains a lot about what I've been experiencing for the past nine months.
Hence: get off the damn stuff, and fast.
A larger problem, perhaps, would appear to be my inability to sleep in spite of taking these damned sleeping aids that used to work.
I took three tablets on my way to bed again at 9:00pm last evening.
This after a very draining day and being truly exhausted as a result of the two previous, unrestful nights.
Didn't take long to nod off.
But an hour later I was awake wondering why?
And an hour and a half after that, I was awake again.
So I got up.
Because it makes no sense to lie in bed, uncomfortable, awake, and just have the mind wandering all over hell's half acres ...
I've taken a fourth sleeping tablet again.
Obviously, I have to up my 'normal' dose to four from three of those suckers; if I'm going to use them, I may as well take what I need right up front.
Fortunately, I have a deep well of canned television programs to catch up on.
So, here I am at midnight, icing my hips and watching stupid television when I should be sleeping ...

No comments: