Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My Doctor's Office called ...

Apparently, he wants to send me a prescription.  Would I please call back and let her know where to send it?
This is obviously in response to the fax I sent last Friday giving him the update on my status (that he had requested when he telephoned me earlier in the week).
"What does he want me take now?" I ask.
"Umm, it's for an antidepressant, I think," she responds.
"Oh," I giggle, "so now he thinks I'm depressed does he?"  (I knew immediately that he was sending me something to try to help me sleep but I just couldn't resist!)
"I don't know," she says, "you sure don't sound very depressed to me."
I had to let her off the hook.  "It must be to help me sleep," I offered.
"Yes, maybe, it does say to take one at bedtime," she said.
I gave her the number of my pharmacy and John will pick up the prescription on his way home from the gun club this afternoon.
Who knows.  Maybe it will work and I'll actually get a night's sleep tonight.
I'll let you know.
Last night certainly wasn't very good.
Woke every two hours again.
But the sweats were back (had to change my pyjama top cuz it was drenched!).
Nausea was back (not severe, but does nausea have to be bad to be annoying?).
My gut was doing flip-flops.
I expect what was a very enjoyable vist with my angel and her family yesterday was too physically taxing on me after the long day I had had on Monday.
Don't get me wrong, my angel.
The outing did me the world of good, both emotionally and mentally.
And the meal was fabulous!  (Thanks for the leftovers, Angel -- saves having to make dinner tonight.)
But I guess my body just can't keep up with my psyche yet.
Damn! It better get with the program soon cuz I'm back and I have places to go and people to see and ...
I know, I know, I have to go slowly.
But surely to God a person can enjoy a social outing with very good friends without it having such a negative impact.
At least one damned well should be able to, according to the law of C. Bonnie!!!!!!
Anyway, I had to go slow and easy this morning to recuperate physically (which is why this post is so late today).
Plus, I had business to take care of before I could "play."
But I'm "recovered" again and I can prove it too.  (As long as you don't tell John what I did.)
Once he left for the gun club, I went and readied my car for my mechanic to come and get it this evening.
You see, there are some things that a woman just has to do for herself.
And one of those things is take care of her own belongings, like her car.
I went and emptied it and put the back seats down and put the protective liner in place so that the tires can be put in the cargo area to be transported to and from the garage without destroying the upholstery. 
Had I left the chore to the men, well ... I'm sure I don't have to describe to you female readers how it might have been done.
So my car is now ready and waiting (and I feel just fine, thank you very much!).
And when the car is returned tomorrow evening, I will let the men take the tires out of the vehicle, because I'm not physically capable of doing that, under any circumstances, ever.
But I'll return the car to its proper state the following morning.
Because it is, after all, my car.
And I know where everything goes.
There is a place for everything, and everything has a place!
Now, I'm going to rest again, because this is supposed to be a day of rest and recuperation.

No comments: