Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Still So Tired ...

The sleeping situation isn't improving much around here.
Again last night, I saw every hour on the clock.  Fortunately, I was able to drift off between the hours!
My Cesamet dosage is now so low (total 1.5mg per day) that I'm getting no sleep enhancement whatsoever from it.
I've stopped taking the sleeping aid because of the brain fog that it was causing (I just can't handle not being able to handle my mental facilities).  I will go back to using it occasionally though.
I'll be further reducing the Cesamet by another .5mg tomorrow with the final reduction scheduled for Sunday.  The last capsule will be taken on Wednesday -- one week from tomorrow.
And I am most anxious for that day because I want off this damned stuff!
I've added Codeine Contin to my daily cocktail of meds as an interim measure until we figure out where to go from here.
And, Houston,  it would seem that we may have a problem.
You see, I keep a log to monitor my pain, my weight, my eating, my ...
For the past week, I've been experiencing increased itchiness.
All over itchy.
It's been driving me crazy.
Scratch, scratch, scratch.
To the point where I've been looking for welts -- there must be a rash for me to be this itchy.
I am an allergic person and I know allergies when I feel them.
But there is no visible evidence of urticaria.
And the question becomes:  What exactly could I be reacting to?
My first suspicion of course was the Codeine Contin, since that's the newest addition.
Note to self:  Keep very close watch on this itching, and stop in to chat with your 'pharmacist in a pocket' about this newest phenomena.
So I'm looking through my log for something else entirely and notice that back in January when I was taking Codeine Contin for a few days for additional pain relief, I had made a notation:  "Very itchy -- Codeine Contin?"
It would seem that perhaps I have developed an intolerance for codeine.
Now we really have a problem!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am able to make link exchange with HIGH pr pages on related keywords like [url=http://www.usainstantpayday.com]bad credit loans[/url] and other financial keywords.
My web page is www.usainstantpayday.com

If your page is important contact me.
please only good pages, wih PR>2 and related to financial keywords
Thanks
ronjoyday