Thursday, March 18, 2010

I'm Baaaaccckkkk!!!

Wow, that was one hell of a haul!
But I think I can safely say I'm out of the woods.
I spent the best part of the day on the sofa again today.
But I woke this morning feeling much better than I have for the past several days, albeit still very weak.
And while I initially thought I was totally out of the woods this morning, it didn't take me long to find out that I was jumping the gun just a wee bit.
By the time John got up, I was already flanked out on the sofa, wrapped in blankets, shivering, having already had my first diarrhea attack.
So I stayed put, and as the nausea hit I popped yet another Gravol and opened yet another ginger ale (oh, the calories!)  Like I need to worry about calories at this point in the game!
Fortunately though, as the day progressed, I did improve.
My gut settled down quite nicely and I drifted in and out of sleep throughout the day.
By 3:00pm, it was abundantly clear that I was "back" (just ask John!) and I was itching to do things around here.
Except physically, I'm just not up to it.
I don't have the strength; only the will.
So I have to be patient and let my body recover from the brutal attack that it has been through.
It will recover as long as I allow it the time it needs to get back on track.
So the housework can wait a few more days (even if my head doesn't want to leave it).
I have a few more canned television programs to get through and several books to occupy me (there must be permanent imprint of my butt on that sofa by now!) so perhaps between them, I'll keep my mind off all the other stuff I want to be doing.
Easy is as easy does.
The important thing is, I'm baaaaaaaccccckkkkk!!!!
Now I've got to go lie down again (not up to doing the jig quite yet).

No comments: