Monday, October 1, 2012

This is week four now

Frankly, I've had enough of this.
It's now been four weeks since my hands flared up.
And there's been very little change.
When I wake in the morning, they are throbbing something fierce.
Throughout the day, as long as I don't use them, they aren't too bad.
But the pain starts again as soon as I start doing anything -- and I mean anything.

  • Lift a coffee cup.
  • Read the newspaper.
  • Make the bed.
  • Get dressed.
  • Drive the car (holding the steering wheel is especially painful).
  • Type (or write using pen & paper).
  • Work in the kitchen.

You name it.  If I do it, my hands hurt.
I went for bloodwork this morning.  I'll book an appointment with my doctor to have my physical mid-October.  We'll discuss the findings then.
That will be six weeks since the onset of this problem. I wonder if my hands will be any better by then?

No comments: