Thursday, October 11, 2012

Enjoying "Alone" Time

My houseguest went home yesterday.
It was such a joy having her here.  We were calling this our "personal spa" and she declared it an excellent spa indeed.
Mostly, we just sat and read.
Each afternoon we had tea and biscuits.  And we chatted.  Just getting to know each other that much better.
It was a delightful couple of days.
But she wanted to go home yesterday because she was worried about her cats.
She'll be back early tomorrow because our husbands will be returning some time mid to late afternoon.  And her husband needs a drive home from here.
In the meantime, I get to enjoy some solitude of my own.
Short, but sweet nonetheless.
At 1:00pm today, my massage therapist will arrive and will find me already mellowed.  I'm sure she'll notice that I'm not nearly as tight as I usually am for these sessions.
Solitude is good for the soul ... not to mention what it does for my well being.
Aaaaaahhhh, we take what we can get.

No comments: