Sunday, October 7, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

This is Thanksgiving weekend in Canada.
Tomorrow, families gather to give thanks for their bounty (some families will do that today).
John will leave at dawn tomorrow for a week's bird hunting with his son.
My favourite step daughter-in-law and I will spend the week here, finally having the quality time together that we never manage at any other time of the year.
Our week is fairly well filled with commitments though.
Tomorrow, we will go to my little chickadee's place to enjoy Thanksgiving dinner with her and hers.  We will spend the night there since neither of us relishes the idea of the long drive back in the dark.
Tuesday, Suzanne has to present herself at the hospital for blood work.  We'll do that right after we breakfast with my striking young man (bonus!).  Then we'll head back here for quiet time together.
We'll enjoy a full day of doing nothing on Wednesday.
Unfortunately, she has to present herself at the hospital again on Thursday for a chemo treatment.  I don't know yet if I have to take her in for that, or if she can go alone (she might need a driver).  If she does need a driver, I will be cancelling my massage therapy in order to accommodate her.
Our husbands will be home on Friday and then the rat race will start again.
But, in the meantime, Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
We have much for which to be thankful.

No comments: