Monday, November 21, 2011

My weight loss effort ...

... is failing.
Yup.
After modest initial success, I've ground to a halt.
Nothing.
Nada.
I'm ensuring that I eat a minimum of 1200 calories a day (and believe me, some days, it's a major challenge getting that much food into me!).
And the scale just won't budge.
According to myfitnesspal.com, I should be ten pounds lighter in five weeks.
Well, this is the fifth week since I started with that site, and I'm only down three pounds.
So much for its ability to project weight loss success!
Every day, when I finish recording my caloric intake, I get a message telling me "If every day is like today, you should weigh xxx.x in five weeks."
I've got news for them.
Every day is much the same -- in terms of my caloric intake.
And every day I put in sixty minutes on the stationary bike (yup, I'm now up to an hour!).
I take every opportunity I can throughout the day to do stretches, squats, stairs.  You name it -- I'm on the move!
So I'm burning calories like there's no tomorrow.
If we compare my activity level today to what I was capable of doing a mere six months ago, I should have faded away to nothing by now!
Yet still, that stupid scale won't move.
My little chickadee gave me a lecture this morning, insisting that perhaps my body is at precisely the weight it should be.  And perhaps my brain needs to get in tune with my body.  Cuz my body knows best.
But given my new height (I've shrunk an inch in my old age), I need to weigh less to meet the BMI requirements.
And I am simply too thick around the middle.  That's all there is to it.  Time has proven that it doesn't matter what I do, I cannot exercise it away.
Apparently, my only solution is that tummy tuck that I almost had a year ago. Perhaps it's now time to pursue that again.
I wonder if it would be best to have the tummy tuck before the hip replacement or after?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

maybe need to investigate the kind of calories you are consuming. That might be the issue.
Amazing you - 60 minutes on bike. Wow.