Sunday, November 27, 2011

I guess it's the carbs

Last week, in my effort to promote weight loss, I decided I would lay off "bad" carbs -- the white stuff, if you will.
I was doing very well too, in that it seemed to be working -- at least I was on the right track (the scale was moving in the proper direction).
Then on Friday, I went out for lunch with my Angel.
And it all fell apart.
Not radically, you realize.  I stayed within my 1200 calorie limit for the day.
This restaurant we frequent must be a truck stop because the specials are humongous.
I ordered the "mini lasagna" which included soup, caesar salad, and jello or rice pudding.
The soup and salad was enough for me so I had them wrap the lasagna (a huge serving -- why it was called mini I'm not sure).
The rice pudding was delicious; haven't had that in years!  (I know, wrong choice but oh sooooo good.)
Of course, the lasagna was made with white pasta .  I only ate some of it for my dinner that evening. (Wasn't all that good either.)
Yeh, I know.
You know what's coming don't you?
The progress I had been making was lost.
Kaput!
Right back up there.
So now we start anew.
Note to self:  NO MORE WHITE CARBS!

No comments: