Monday, November 14, 2011

Damned arthritis!

My hands have decided to become a major problem all of a sudden.
Not that they are not usually an irritant, what with having arthritis and all.
It's just that right now, they are big time inflamed and I know not from what.
I mean, I don't know what has caused just my hands (and wrists) to be particularly sore.
They only appear mildly inflamed but they feel totally incapacitated.
Every movement is truly very painful.
Yesterday, I ran a few errands in town and I had to resort to wearing my arthritis gloves -- they do offer some degree of relief.
As I was reading the newspaper this morning, I noticed that just the act of manipulating the paper was difficult, especially since my wrists too are very sore this time.
So, it's back to the gloves again.
Hopefully, this flare-up won't last too long.
I wish I knew what precipitated this nonsense.
To be sure, I can expect flare-ups every year with the onset of the cold weather.
I get that.
And cold weather normally descends upon us in November -- hence I can count on having flare-ups every year at this time.
BUT, our weather right now is downright balmy!
Apparently, it has less to do with the weather, and more to do with the calendar?
Bizarre, I say!

No comments: