Thursday, November 18, 2010

Paying the piper

OK, so I'm paying the piper (big time) but I'm not allowed to complain because I swore to my little chickadee that I would not do that.
So I'm not complaining.
Last evening, after spending an extremely busy day restocking the pantry (while wearing the TENs machine, without which I would never have been able to put in the day I did), I resorted to a jet massage bath to soothe my aching body.
And oh I needed it.  I don't think there was a muscle in this old bod that wasn't screaming.
But there was such a sense of satisfaction knowing that my pantry contents were no longer living out on the porch.
I hit the sack verrrrrry early last night too.
Nothing like being super tired to induce a good night's sleep, right?
Wrong!
I still woke every two hours, like clock-work.
And right on cue, at 3:30am, I was awake -- mentally ready to start another day.
Except my body was not going to co-operate.
It wasn't letting me move one step this morning.  Not a one I tell you.
So again, I'm wearing the TENs machine to allow me to move about the place.
After all, I have things to do.
My horoscope even says I should keep at it:  "Things are really cooking around you, so don't take time to rest when you should be in the middle of all the excitement."  (Good thing I read that in the morning so I know how to organize my day, don't you think?)
Today, I'm doing laundry (already started on that), and I will wash the shelves in the closet of my sanctuary to get them ready for stocking.  There's nothing else can be done with respect to my sanctuary until we get the green light from the building inspector to allow us to occupy it.   *double sigh*
In any event, my sanctuary is truly gorgeous, just as I had imagined it would be -- and I am ever so anxious to occupy it.
Above is a view from the north wall -- essentially what I will see when I look up from my work corner (my desk will be situated in the north east corner of the room).  The small closet to the left is the broom/vacuum closet; the large blue door is the entrance/exit to/from the pantry/kitchen (I can grab a snack on my way into my sanctuary).  The closet to the right is waiting for the sliding mirror door to be installed (the left half obviously will be storage and the right half will be a wardrobe to store off-season clothing).
And here's a shot of the north west corner, taken as I stood in front of that large blue door:
There will be wall shelving installed in that corner and a rocking chair will be placed there (on loan from my little chickadee, the chair was given to her by John on the occasion of my beautiful boy's birth -- it needs a home for a while).
This afternoon, I have my weekly massage session so I expect my therapist will have a challenge working out all the knots this visit.
With any luck, the building inspector will show up today and give us his blessing so that we can start moving into my sanctuary tomorrow (and then John can get started on his studio).
One can only hope.

No comments: