Sunday, November 14, 2010

I am sooooooo frustrated

My sanctuary is within a week of completion -- honest it is.
The hole has to be cut in the floor for the cold air return.
Both doors in the sanctuary still need their hardware to be installed.
The hardwood laminate floor has to be installed.
The sliding mirror door on the closet needs to be bought and installed.
The electrician needs to come back to finish hooking up the room and get it functional.
The heating man needs to come and connect the ducts to the existing system.
The building inspector has to come and conduct the final inspection.
The trim still has to be installed on the doors and windows.
There are a few paint touch-ups that have to be done to the walls (I noticed a few "oops" spots).
The sanctuary doors need another coat of paint (seems painter man must have "forgotten" to apply a second coat).
The pantry door needs to be painted to match the walls (another "oops" that I want corrected).
Now, John can do any or all of those jobs (other than the final inspection of course) -- some with a little assistance from various people on whom we could call for help.
But we'd like to allow builder man the opportunity to complete the task he was hired to undertake.
However, John just this morning shared with me a little piece of information that I guess he found out during my absence last week.
Seems builder man is planning (has planned?) yet another hunting excursion.
Yup.
He will apparently be away again as of mid-week (Wednesday, November 17th).  I have no idea when he'll be back.
I was not happy to hear that.
Now, I understand that this too might very well have been booked before we hired him for the job (his trip to Montana had certainly been).  But he started what should have been a simple project in early September.  Were it not for repeated interruptions to partake in his personal pursuits, the job would be completed by now.
In the interim, the contents of my pantry have been living on my porch -- and I'm tired of it.
So in two days, builder man must complete all of the chores listed above?
Not bloody likely!
John and I have developed a plan of action.
We will sit down with builder man when he arrives tomorrow morning, and we will ask for a timeline from him -- how does he see this week panning out?  (We have a priority list of what we want to ensure is completed by the end of the day Tuesday.)
Should builder man indicate that he will in fact be taking off yet again, he will be instructed to complete our priority list of tasks by the end of the day Tuesday, (at which point he will be asked to take his leave of the jobsite).  The rest will be finished by our own means.
I mean really.
Enough is enough already.  There is no reason on earth why this job should not be finished by the end of this week, except for the unreasonable delays that have been imposed upon us -- like builder man causing repeated unnecessary breaks in the workflow.
I've been patient long enough.

No comments: