Monday, August 30, 2010

OMG the Studpidity and Inconsistency

Alright now I'm beyond outraged.
In fact, I don't think there's a word for what I am this morning.
I have my finances organized to every minute detail (ask John -- it is very precise!).
So, the government of Canada was to have deposited my money into my bank account on Friday, August 27th.
It didn't happen.
John's money was deposited into his account.
But not mine.
I kept checking, just in case there was a bit of a hiccup -- it happens.
This morning, I called the pension office to find out where my money was.
The gentleman who answered was most helpful.
Turns out that when they sent me my T4A for 2009, Canada Post returned it (I download it from the Internet so I never realized I didn't get one in the mail).
Since they got it back, I fell into the pocket of people whose benefit was suspended until I called them -- they were "looking for me" since I must have moved and not told them.
Duhhhhhh!   I haven't gone anywhere.
What was the problem you ask?
My T4A had been mailed to the address that Canada Post has told us to use:  RR#2.
It did not include our municipal address -- the "911" address, if you will.
We were told, very clearly, not to use that address for mailing purposes; it is strictly a "fire" address.
Now, we routinely add the "street" address to our mailing labels but we have not yet been officially advised by Canada Post to use it as a mailing address.
And until Canada Post advises us to include the municipal address in our mailing address, I don't think they have any right to return mail that is rightfully and properly addressed to us.
Curious though.  I just checked our income tax files for 2009.
And John's T4As were all addressed, without benefit of the municipal address, to RR#2.
And every one of his forms arrived here.
So too did my other T4As that were only addressed to RR#2.
One thing for sure, that T4A never made it to the Almonte Post Office, because it would most certainly have been delivered to me.
Really makes you wonder about that fateful day when the sorter returned my properly-addressed T4A.
Did he/she know what panic would ensue six months later?
I now have to scramble to cover the expenses that are due to be paid on the 1st of September because, while the very solicitous clerk requested immediate, urgent payment of my August benefit, it might not happen on time to correct the damage done by the wonderful Canada Post Corporation.
Wonder what other mail we're not receiving?

No comments: